Oxygen Art Centre is a multidisciplinary artist-run centre that provides space and programming for artists and the public to engage in the creation, study, exhibition and performance of contemporary art in all forms.
Oxygen Art Centre is particularly interested in work with regional relevance, interdisciplinary work and work that engages audiences in participatory processes. Oxygen’s Exhibition and Residency Program supports process-based projects that encourage experimentation and push conventional practice.
The Oxygen Art Centre Exhibition and Residency program accepts submissions from professional artists on an ongoing basis. Residencies and exhibitions are typically planned two to three years in advance. Please submit all of the following documents as specified in the Submission Guidelines.
- Indicate if you are applying for an Exhibition or a Residency or both.
- Curriculum Vitae (maximum three pages)
- Exhibition Proposal or program of work intended for the residency (maximum one page)
- Artist Bio and Statement (each 150 word max)
- 10 to 15 images a maximum of 1 MB file size each (jpeg format with a resolution of 72 dpi at 1024 x 768 pixels ) of the work intended for exhibition or related/recent work for a residency proposal. Images must be labeled with a number_title_lastname (example: 01_Nemo_Smith). For media or performance projects submit direct links to vimeo or youtube. Do not send video files electronically.
- Image List with image numbers, artist name, title of work and date, medium and dimensions.
- Group exhibition proposals include the cv, bio and statement for each participating artist.
Due to the biennial nature of the review process applicants can expect to receive a reply within two years of submission.
Oxygen Art Centre is committed to paying CARFAC fees for exhibitions and artist talks. Pending funding, funds are available for transportation of artwork and artists to and from Nelson. Wherever possible, visiting artists will be billeted within the community. All accepted proposals are contingent on funding.
To review previous exhibition and residency programming visit here.
floor plan: oxyfloorplan